Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Farewell Jack and 24... Can't Wait for the Movie!




Well, that's it. The end of 24, the TV Show... It's a sad, sad day for 24 fans, unlike Lost fans, who were counting down the days until that show ended...

Yes, yes, I liked Lost too. Relax.. I was just so dying for an ending to that show -which by the way I am still not satisfied with, and countless Lost fans are still in denial about the ending, pretending that "yeah, it was about the characters connecting"... Oh come on, give me a break! Seriously. We only watched the 6th season because we were promised "Your Questions will be Answered"... --No, I'm not going to do this.. This is about 24... I'll save this rant for another time...)

The 24 finale was everything I'd hoped it would be, and I feel that they ended it exactly as they should have ended it, with Jack being a rogue entity. Now they can do anything they want with his character in the movies. They can even turn it into some James Bond type of deal -except minus all of the suave playboyness and replace that with pure violence and determination. Now they can push the limits beyond the Network TV rules, and they can take things as far as they like.

Of course, I still have hopes that another network will pick up 24 somehow, but at this point, I think it's pretty much a done deal.

Anyway, I can't wait for the 24 Movie. I'm already trying to convince my girl to re-watch the 1st season again with me. At this point, we've seen so many different terrorist angles on this show, that I don't think I'll even remember what was going on in the 1st one...

Until next time, farewell Jack... 24 was definitely one of the best shows on TV ever. It will be missed.

--jackandcokewithalime

PS: For those of you who haven't watched 24, I envy you! Enjoy it! Believe me, as soon as you pop in that first DVD from the first season, you won't leave your TV for hours. I'm telling you this from experience.


(Image:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkchacal/4257136841/sizes/l/ by DarkChacal on flickr
)

No comments: