Friday, May 21, 2010

Snoop Dogg Has a Reason to Support the Toronto Maple Leafs...




"Yeah, 'cause the Maple Leafs remind me of a chronic leaf and I was representing that, you know what I'm saying? I didn't know the Canada flag was so close to the chronic leaf; I just liked the way it looked so I was representin' and it was blue.", Snoop Dogg said in reference to him choosing to sport a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey in 1993 on the Arsenio Hall show.

For the Full Interview by Nardwuar on Chart Attack, see the link below:

Nardwuar Vs. Snoop Dogg (2010)
Snoop Dogg, speaking of wearing stuff and jerseys, I saw that you were wearing a Maple Leafs hockey jersey in 1993 on Arsenio Hall.

Yeah, 'cause the Maple Leafs remind me of a chronic leaf and I was representing that, you know what I'm saying? I didn't know the Canada flag was so close to the chronic leaf; I just liked the way it looked so I was representin' and it was blue.

But that's amazing. That's some O.G. hockey stuff, like '93, reppin' the Leafs.

I was reppin' the Leafs. I was reppin' the Penguins. I was reppin' the Oilers, everybody. I was the first rapper to wear hockey jerseys in videos, onstage, everywhere I went. That was my look, you know what I'm saying? 'Cause I was trying to do something that was different, and I respected hockey 'cause hockey is a tough sport and it takes a real man to play hockey, so I was trying to be different by doing that.

Hey, any reason to support the Leafs these days is worth mentioning... ;)

--jackandcokewithalime


(Image:
Screenshot from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_7Cx0dwmh4&feature=player_embedded on YouTube
)

2 comments:

KingBlogSpot said...

It was easy to support the Leafs back in '93; but supporting them today??? Much MUCH more harder. I'm not embarrassed to say that I've stopped watching and going to games (after over 20 years of disappointments, I cannot take it anymore).

By the way - horrible picture

KingBlogSpot said...

Did some searching and these are the only other images I could find (to your credit):

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/WrAVfjeBSS4/0.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/1UbtE3V_-H0/0.jpg