Thursday, March 3, 2011

The TCHC Chair & Civilian Board Members Finally Learn Their Roles & Resign




Nobody likes to watch people lose their jobs, except when they have failed miserably at those jobs and have cost taxpayers like you and me millions of dollars. I don't know about you, but when you take my hard-earned blood-sweat-and-tears money and spend it going to spas (when I don't get to), spend it going to golf resorts (when I don't get to), spend it on high-end chocolates (when I don't get to), spend it on manicures, pedicures, resort vacations, lavish gifts and parties and etc. (when I don't get to) and give millions to your friends via sole-sourced deals, I definitely don't feel bad about firing your scumbag asses.

I need that money for my children. I need that money for my elderly parents. I need that money for my mortgage, for my skyrocketing hydro rates, for the skyrocketing fuel costs. I need that money to fix my leaking roof, and my cracking foundation, and to remove the mold from my flooding basement. I need that money to pay for my ever-rising cable bills, phone bills, cell phone bills, internet bills, UBB rates. I need that money for food for my family. I need that money to pay for my TTC fares to go to work.

HOW DARE YOU TAKE MONEY FROM MY POCKET AND BLOW IT ON LAVISH UNDESERVING GIFTS, PARTIES AND RETREATS FOR YOURSELVES??!!! HOW DARE YOU GAMBLE MY MONEY AND LOSE IT IN THE STOCK MARKET??!!

And after all of these revelations in the Auditor's report, the TCHC scumbag Board questions Super Mayor Rob Ford's request that they resign??? In fact, they defiantly question his request and scold him for even thinking about raising the question??

To quote The Rock from the WWE, the TCHC Board Members Seriously Need to Know Their Roles, and Shut Their Mouths. (I know, I know... Pretty much losing any kind of credibility in quoting a wrestler from the WWE, but I'll do so anyway, just because I know it will sting the leftist elitist Millerites in this city even more.)

Finally after today's emergency TCHC Board Meeting, they appear to have come back to reality, accepted their roles as incompetent scumbag criminals, and resigned as per Mayor Ford's wishes.

That was probably their first correct decision in their entire tenure in the TCHC...freakin' jabronies.

Here's the story from the Toronto Star:

“Outraged” by audit, TCHC board quits
In a stunning move the chair of Toronto Community Housing and its citizen board members tendered their resignations this morning amid an expenses and purchasing scandal at Toronto Community Housing.

Board chair David Mitchell announced the news at the end a special meeting of the TCHC board held to answer to scathing reports submitted by auditor Jeff Griffiths. In total, seven people have resigned leaving two tenant representatives and four councillors on the board.

Griffiths, whose reports included details of lavish Christmas parties and massages for staff, told the board meeting, that what he found “angered and outraged'” him and that his report uncovered a lack of common sense and disregard for taxpayers' funds.

Board member and Councillor Frances Nunziata told reporters the mayor is bringing a motion to city council next week calling for the dismantling of the Toronto Community Housing board.

Keiko Nakamura, the embattled CEO for the housing agency has declined the mayor's request to step aside and held to that position Thursday.

Nakamura acknowledged there was inappropriate spending, that TCHC “failed'' and she apologized to residents.

She said new financial controls have been put in place, and that a new senior procurement manager will be hired soon.

--jackandcokewithalime


(Image:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shaunpierre/3607637910/sizes/o/
by Shaun Merritt on flickr
)

No comments: