Friday, January 8, 2010

First Post




Well, hopefully this moment will be a historic one. My first post. Hopefully the first of many, and hopefully there will be more than just me reading 'em eventually. (God, did I just type "hopefully" a million times?... Useless "hopes".. A long discussion for another time.)

It was maybe 6-7 years ago when I found myself commenting on news stories on websites and causing drama with the other readers. It was always so much fun! I didn't realize the effect I could have on people with my...well...I guess...controversial opinions on everyday life (they weren't controversial to me, but hey, I guess morals are relative, as they say).

I found that the more I commented with my TRUE feelings, the more people responded. There were both people who agreed, and also people who disagreed.. I happily admit that there were far more of the latter... (I still feel that I was always right, though). I always say, the best type of flattery when commenting online, is when people actually use your name and make fake comments under the guise of being you, for revenge. Other people would get upset at that, but me, I loved it! And there was never a doubt in everyone's head that that truly wasn't me placing that post.

Anyway, the increase in my commenting was directly related to the lack of interest that I had in my job at the time (I now realize when looking back), and after I eventually changed to a better career situation, I stopped commenting on websites (moreso because I got busy, than because I didn't want to).

Well, about a month ago, I found myself reading through the comments on my local newspaper sites (the Toronto Star and the Toronto Sun), and eventually, I started throwing a few comments out there -just for old times sake. It didn't take long before I was in heated comment-wars, battling against almost everyone, just like the good old days.

Unfortunately, I don't know what that means in terms of my career right now, but hey, in today's day-and-age, people are making a living off of this, so I thought now would be a good time to try. Not to mention that my girl, my friends, my parents, they're all tired of getting into these long debates with me about the REAL world... At the end of the day, I still need an outlet!!

So, how the transition from Commenting to Blogging? I got banned from the Toronto Sun Comments Message Board... I guess when trying to prove my point, I must have gone too far.. Though, I went no further then anyone else on the site, in my opinion.

And how you get banned from commenting on a site where, "Comments posted to torontosun.com are not moderated.", I can't figure out.. Anyway, you truly must be a "case" if you get banned from a non-moderated message board..

That's why I've now decided to do this on my own blog. I can speak the truth without worry of being censored or getting banned, and maybe I can make some cash along the way and start doing this full-time.. (a man can dream, can't he?).

In this high-tech world where people are becoming millionaires overnight because of a simple idea, I have to find a way to score MY quick million, you know. That's always been the goal after all.

Anyway, welcome to my blog. I hope I keep you entertained, interested, and offended. It's the controversial ones that get the hits, right? If it was all the same brainwash-talk that you read in the papers and hear from the politicians, why would you need to go elsewhere to get it? You know.

Well, my Jack and Coke with a lime is ready-to-go. Cheers!

No comments: