Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's Destiny!! Canada Sends Russia Packing... No medal for you, NEXT!!



Wow, what a game!! Right out of the gate, Canada seemed possessed by the spirit of Team Canada Past!

Russia? Russia who?? Ok ok... They kind of put up a fight.. But hey, so did Germany and Norway! ;)

Getzlaf!!!! I didn't realize until tonight the skills this guy has!! I think he's just getting better as the tournament goes on (cough cough.. ankle healing.. cough cough)... I know we have a lot more to see from him on our quest for the Gold!

And Luongo! Imagine.. Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk, Datsyuk!! Wow, they have more heroes than the Justice League (no no, they have more heroes than NBC).. Great performance by Luongo tonight.

Now, is it just me, or was the Croszzz missing for the first 2 periods, and parts of the 3rd? I'm just saying... Relax..

Well, now we're only footsteps away from having our sweet cold revenge on our friends to the south for the gold; if they can get there.. I know that WE will. That "Cinderella" movement that they have going right now - reminiscent of that Minnesota North Stars movement years back when Mario shamed them so bad the team left for Dallas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Stanley_Cup_Finals) - is headed for a serious reality check come the gold medal game.

I hope they get there. It'll be a great moment for Hockey and the Olympics -not to mention for Canada!

(I've said too much... Now if they don't win, I'm screwed... Oh well. I have faith..)

So, what's next you ask?

Canada goes on to face the winner of Sweden and Slovakia (the game is at Midnight EST, so we won't know until tomorrow). But we’ll face them on Friday (not sure what time, either 3pm or 9:30pm I think..), and then the Gold Medal Game is on Sunday at 3:15pm. I won't even mention when the Bronze Medal game is going to be, because it is irrelevant!! (And I don't want to jinx it..)

Some Random Thoughts:
  • I hate to say it, but man, those are the worst Canada Jerseys I've ever seen!! No offence to the designer.. From up close, they look nice, but on TV from a higher level, they look horrible. I find myself confused sometimes at the beginning of the game on which team is Canada.. And that never happens to me!! What do you all think?
  • Do you play the "obviously" game during Canadian Hockey Player interviews? You know, they're infamous for saying "obviously" at least twice per sentence.. "Obviously we could have yada yada yada yada, obviously." ;)
  • What's with those interviewers asking those effed up questions to the players after they just finished a period??? Don't they always ask the most insulting shit?? You know, like when Malkin gets a hat-trick in a game with the Pens, and during the interview, the guy asks him, "So, what did you think about that great deke by Crosby?"... (LOL!! I had to. Relax...) No, but seriously. In tonight's game, when that guy was interviewing Boyle (after he scored that goal in the 1st), he asks him something close to, "So, how did it feel to make a contribution to the team tonight?"... What a question!!! As if this guy isn't out there making plays, defending us, fighting hard and contributing like crazy, and he gets a goal tonight, and his reward is being asked that question!!!! And I swear, this type of shit happens EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! I can't count the number of times that both my girl and I are sitting there squirming at the questions these guys ask... Anyway, Boyle handled it with grace and class, like a good old Canadian Hockey guy... But dude, I'm just waiting for the day that one of them takes a swing at that guy!
  • Current Olympic Hockey Scoring Leaders

Until next time..

--jackandcokewithalime

PS: GO CANADA GO!!!

PPS: Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, Goodbye Russia!!!

PPPS: Canada Won a load of Medals today!!! 1 Gold, 2 Silver, and a Bronze! What a day for Canada!!

PPPPS: “Your Destiny, Winning the Gold is..”, said Yoda to the Canadian Olympic Hockey Teams…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although this is way after the fact I had to come back and tell you:

After reading your last posting about Olympic Canadian Hockey (cant remember the title of the post) you mentioned the European "football" theme song they keep on playing every time Canada scores.
Now I love that song (especially being a soccer fan), but it drove me crazy every time Canada scored, you are right! Why are we playing a European soccer song during CANADIAN HOCKEY??
- Honestly hockey will never be the same for me again