Thursday, February 11, 2010

John Mayer is an Ignorant Racist...




I know I'm probably gonna get lashed for this one from his countless fans (one of which was me!), but oh well... I have to call out stupidity when I see it..

So John Mayer had an interview with Playboy Magazine where he was quoted saying the following:

MAYER: Someone asked me the other day, “What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?” And by the way, it’s sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n**ger pass. Why are you pulling a punch and calling it a hood pass if you really have a hood pass? But I said, “I can’t really have a hood pass. I’ve never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, ‘We’re full.’"

PLAYBOY: It is true; a lot of rappers love you. You recorded with Common and Kanye West, played live with Jay-Z.

MAYER: What is being black? It’s making the most of your life, not taking a single moment for granted. Taking something that’s seen as a struggle and making it work for you, or you’ll die inside. Not to say that my struggle is like the collective struggle of black America. But maybe my struggle is similar to one black dude’s.

PLAYBOY: Do black women throw themselves at you?

MAYER: I don’t think I open myself to it. My dick is sort of like a white supremacist. I’ve got a Benetton heart and a fuckin’ David Duke cock. I’m going to start dating separately from my dick.
The full interview text can be seen at the following link:

(http://www.playboy.com/articles/john-mayer-playboy-interview/index.html?page=2)

God, what an idiot.. Doesn't he realize how horrible he sounds??

If I really really try hard enough, I think I can see where he's trying to go with this, but damn, he really put both his feet in his mouth in this interview...

That Playboy interviewer played him like a.....guitar.. (queue the Doctor Evil voice and pinky finger to the side of his mouth)..

I guess success as a celebrity truly does breed ignorance...

--jackandcokewithalime

PS:  What a change from that innocent guy who would sing and bring everyone in the audience to tears, eh?


(Images taken from:
http://www.layddee.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/John-Mayer.jpg (Mayer with guitar)
http://www.goshnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/john-mayer-douchebag.jpg (Mayer the douche))

No comments: