Thursday, February 18, 2010

"Spartacus: Blood and Sand" is Crazy!!



If you're not watching Spartacus: Blood and Sand, then you're missing out on some crazy TV!!


I first heard about this show a couple of months ago, when mentions of a new Gladiator-type show that's pure glorified violence and blatant nudity caught my ear..

And let me tell you, it has more than lived up to it's name! If you caught the latest episode, then I'm sure you'll agree.

The show focusses on this Thracian soldier who ends up a Gladiator in Rome and given the name Spartacus.. I don't want to say much more than that, as I don't want to ruin it for you. But I'm sure you can imagine all the violence potential that has.. Not to mention those Romans and their openly sexual world... Dag, those Romans were crazy!

Anyway, this show is more than just your typical era piece that we see on these HBO-type channels. It's more like the movie Gladiator crossed with Sin City, crossed with the bloodiest goriest movie you've ever seen, all wrapped in a very artistic presentation that takes the violence to another level.

I don't know.. I mean, it could change television (if I may be so bold)... You have to see it to understand what I mean..

Maybe I'm biased as I love the violence, nudity, gladiator war-type stuff set in the Roman era. I mean, who didn't love Gladiator with Russell Crowe? Everytime I see it on TV, I switch it off and I grab my DVD and watch it from the beginning... Any excuse, you know! ;) And it works out perfectly that my girl is down with these movies/shows as well!! Thank God for that!

Anyway, I have to definitely point out that Children should NOT watch this show!!! It doesn't matter what they tell you, it's pretty crazy! But you older folks should definitely catch it.

The violence and nudity is a bit of a shock at first, so be prepared. I think you need to give it 3-4 episodes before you make your final decision (on whether to watch it going forward). Believe me, it wasn't until today that I realized the power of this show. I also just read that it got renewed for a 2nd season before it even premiered! So that must say something.

Here's the trailer that I found on youtube. I don't know how long it will last, but enjoy it while you can..



If you've seen the show, let me know what you think..

--jackandcokewithalime

PS:  Did I mention that Xena (Lucy Lawless) is in the show, and she - like everyone else - has her scenes with nudity as well?  (If that does anything for you... Don't lie, you know you have at least some interest!!)

(Image:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Spartacus;_Blood_and_Sand_2010_Intertitle.png
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHxn8mTpAJU)

No comments: