Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lost returns for "Final Season"



Notice how they keep saying "Final Season"!!


I think they finally caught on that us 'Lost' viewers were fed up..

I mean, is it just me, or did you all feel like Lost just kept getting deeper and deeper and deeper and deeper and deeper, oh an explanation about something.. nope, just more questions, and deeper and deeper..

We just kept going down deeper down the rabbit hole with no seeming hope to start working our way back out..

For me by the end of Season 4, I wished their damn plane crashed in the ocean and that was the end of it!!

The thing is, with all of these unanswered questions, I still had to tune in every week to see if I was going to get lucky this time (and actually get some revelations).. That never happened by the way.

Anyway, I was convinced that I wouldn't watch Lost anymore, because the way it was going, I just figured that the Writers really didn't have any answers to these questions.

And then the news came out: Lost, the Final Season!!

I guess they knew, and decided that their pitch for this year was that this was it, no more after this, all of your questions answered.

It was enough to get me to tune it last night and catch both the Reminder episode and the first 2 hour episode of the final season.

And I have to say, I wasn't disappointed.

Firstly, the Reminder/Catch Up was great! It pulled together many pieces of the story that I was confused about (as over the years, I just couldn't remember half of the storyline anymore..). It also gave me a new basis for this final season -something that I desperately needed.

Then the first episode of the final season answered at least 2 of the most critical questions that I had, along with a few other semi-critical ones!

Couple of Revelations from the Reminder and first episodes:

1. The 2 dudes that were inside that Temple Building with the Monster Foot, they were actually Jacob and his nemesis (?? still wondering about this ??), and they turned out to be spiritual beings... This I didn't know. I knew it was Jacob, but didn't really understand what was going on with him and how he related to other Lost characters (he was invisible and etc...).. Anyway, this was explained a bit more.

2. The Black Smoke was actually the Nemesis (it now seems) and as he is a spiritual being, that explains how the Black Smoke Monster appeared to have intelligence.

3. John Locke, was actually "the guy who looks like John Locke". You can't tell me that didn't bother you in the Reminder (I remember asking my girl, why does he keep saying it that way??? Isn't that John Locke??)

4. Lastly, the way the reminder showed us everything from a big picture, how this person was the leader of the others and that person, and yada yada. It was very informative and necessary.

Some new questions were also brought up, like who were those people on the other side of that temple hole? What was with that healing spring? Why is Sayid necessary? Is Jacob dead or alive?

My buddy brought up a good question, what if Sayid is not actually Sayid, but "the guy who looks Sayid", and actually Jacob (risen from the dead)?? I wouldn't be surprised...

Also, I'm having a love/hate relationship with this 2 storyline thing in regards to the present time, and the new changed past. I love the idea, but again, I feel like it's opening up new stuff... I'm hoping they somehow tie back to each other by the end.

Overall, I was very satisfied with last night's Lost episodes and this lead in to the final season.

I'm looking forward to next episode and may comment on it further.. We'll see how it goes.

Until next time, get Lost!!

--jackandcokewithalime


(Image taken from:
http://www.enjoyfrance.com/images/stories/world/entertainment/Lost-final-season.jpg)

No comments: